Lauren Jackson, LPC-MHSP, NCC
Clinical Director and Office Manager
Licensed Professional Counselor-Mental Health Services Provider
Nationally Certified Counselor
Lauren has a passion for helping others see and receive hope even in the darkest of circumstances. She believes in the power of relationship and vulnerability as a vital means towards healing. Lauren is passionate about working with eating disorders, anxiety, depression, grief and loss, trauma and adjustment/life transition issues. Her counseling approach rests on compassionate care, safety, authenticity and the belief that all individuals hold innate value and have within themselves the tools to move towards full healing and full recovery. She facilitates her clients from a Health at Every Size model with an emphasis on building body trust and body respect. Lauren is honored to walk with her clients on this journey.
I enjoy working with:
- Clients with eating disorders, those who do not meet full criteria for an eating disorder, disordered eating and anyone wanting to make movement towards peace with food and their bodies
- Clients struggling with anxiety and/or depression
- Trauma (developmental trauma, Childhood trauma, family of origin trauma, sexual abuse, domestic violence) through an attachment focused lens
- Life adjustment and transition concerns focusing on building skills around healthy communication, boundary setting, relational connection and self care.
- Those processing through grief and loss
Therapies I use:
More about me:
Before joining the Anchored team, Lauren completed her internship at a nonprofit counseling setting. Lauren is a member of the Tennessee Licensed Professional Counseling Association and is a Nationally Certified Counselor. Outside of her time with clients, Lauren loves to read and collect books, go on evening walks with her husband and baby boy, tend to her many house plants, and go to her favorite Mexican and Thai restaurants.
Want to work with Lauren?
Begin your therapy journey today by clicking the button below to go to our contact page. Request to work with Lauren when you fill out the form.